Saturday, May 24, 2014

A Constant Calling



There is a constant calling throughout the Bible, a calling to worship the Holy Triune God. To obey, to follow, to imitate, to submit to, to allow Him to steer me, to guide me, to mold me, to inhabit and consume me. Most of all, a calling to love and worship Him, and allow Him to manifest His tremendous Love towards me. His Love has already been shown to all the world, by the sending of a Savior. A Savior who was God and Man, Jesus, God’s only begotten Son. Spotless, sinless, loving, and perfect, He took my sins upon His shoulders, and gave His life up. Sins so horrible and grievous that I can’t bear to think about them. Sins worthy of death many times over. Yet, Jesus bore them as He hung dying on that cross, rising again in Victory three days later!! What an act of Supreme Love towards me!! Even more so, it was an act of Supreme Love and Obedience to His Father, my Father and God.

What can you say to that? What do I say to that? Thank you? Yes, of course I thank Him, out loud and loudly, forever…but there is more. I see the very least I can do is to live in an attitude of praise and worship, pure thankfulness to God. Then, to answer the calling…..to love Him, follow Him and His example, to obey Him, and to imitate Him. To do only those things that are pleasing to my Lord. I must allow the Holy Spirit to blow through me, filling me up to overflowing, and equipping me for the work God has already called me to. To love God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit with all that I am, always and forever. To glorify God and Him alone in all I say and do. My desire is for Him, and to share Him with the World, with whomever will hear. For Him to increase, and me to decrease.


“For I am the Lord your God: you shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and you shall be holy; for I am holy.” Lev. 11:44

No comments:

Post a Comment